Changing your phone number on all social media platforms after switching to a new network provider can feel like a chore. However, it’s an essential step to make sure you have access to all your accounts in the future. Like other secure messaging apps, Telegram also offers a way for users to update their phone numbers. Today, we will walk you through the steps to change your Telegram phone number using desktop and mobile apps.
Change Phone Number in Telegram (2022)
Change Telegram Phone Number (Android, iOS)
1. Open the Telegram app and tap the hamburger menu at the top-left corner. From the menu that appears, tap on “Settings” to access Telegram settings.
2. Under “Account” settings, tap on your phone number to change it. From the next page, press the “Change number” button to proceed further.
3. You will now see a warning message highlighting that users will see your new number if they have it in their address book. Then, tap on “Change” to acknowledge the warning and enter your new phone number. Telegram will send you an SMS confirmation code soon after tapping the checkmark icon at the top-right corner. Enter it, and you have successfully changed your Telegram number.
Switch Telegram Phone Number (Desktop, Web)
1. If you are someone who uses Telegram’s desktop app or web client, you can change your number from there too. To get started, open Telegram’s desktop app, and follow the steps below:
1. In the desktop app, click on the hamburger menu, and choose “Settings”.
2. From the pop-up menu that appears, choose “Edit profile” to set a new number for your Telegram account.
3. Click on the “Phone number” field to pick a new number for your Telegram account.
4. When the interface to change the Telegram phone number appears, click on “Change number”.
5. Up next, click on “OK” to accept the phone number privacy warning.
6. As a final step, enter your new phone number and click the “Submit” button. When the confirmation code SMS arrives on the new number you just added, enter it on Telegram to change your number.
Change Your Telegram Number While Switching Network Providers
Updating your Telegram account with your latest number ensures that you don’t get locked out of your account when trying to sign in from a new device. Moreover, it’s good practice to keep your phone numbers updated. If you were looking for a way to use your new number on Telegram, we hope you found this guide helpful. For more such tips, go through our list of the best Telegram tips and tricks.