While you can create stunning Instagram stories with photos, videos, music, filters, stickers, texts, and much more, it doesn’t allow you to download the story with music. Why, you ask? It has mostly to do with music licensing and free distribution. Nevertheless, if you still wish to save an Instagram story with music, there are a few simple ways to do so. Our guide here will help you download Instagram stories with music, even without posting the video. In addition, you can save Instagram stories with music without making your account public. So, on that note, let’s jump in and learn about the various methods to save an Instagram story with music in your gallery.
- Save Instagram Story With Music (2023)
- Repost Instagram Story With Music on WhatsApp & Other Socials
Save Instagram Story With Music (2023)
In addition to stories you have posted recently, you can also download old Instagram stories using our instructions. Expand the table below to find all the methods.
Download Your Own Instagram Stories With Music (Easy Method)
With this nifty trick, you can download Instagram Stories with music to your smartphone without using a third-party app. The best part is that it works flawlessly and without any limitations. The quality of the video also remains intact and private accounts are also supported in this method. You can basically save an Instagram story with music without posting the same. Now, having said that, let’s move to the steps.
1. First, open Instagram and create a story with photos, videos, stickers, and all. You can also add music if you want. Now, don’t publish the story. Instead, tap the three-dot menu in the top-right corner and choose “Save“.
2. As we all know, the story will be saved to your iPhone or Android device, but without music.
3. Now, open Instagram again and swipe left to enter the Messages section. Here, open one of the chats with your close friend and tap the “camera” icon at the bottom-left corner.
4. Now, choose the video you just downloaded.
5. Finally, swipe up and add the music to your story. After that, make sure “Keep in chat” is selected at the bottom-left corner. After that, tap on “Send” in the bottom right.
6. After the message is delivered, tap and hold on the video to see a host of options at the bottom. Here, tap on “More” and select “Save” to download the video to your gallery.
7. That’s all. You have successfully downloaded the Instagram Story with music on your smartphone.
Save Your Instagram Story with Music After Publishing the Story
In case you have already published the story or want to save an old Instagram story with music from the archives, you can do that as well. Again, this will also work for private accounts without any reduction in quality. Follow the below steps to learn how it works:
1. Open the Instagram app and move to your profile. Here, tap the hamburger menu in the top-right corner and open “Archive“. Archive saves all your past stories in the cloud.
2. Now, choose the story you want to download. After that, tap on the three-dot menu and select “Save Video” from the pop-up. The story will be saved to your camera roll but without music.
3. Now, just like the above method, send the story (downloaded video) as a message to one of your close people in DM and then add music. After that, enable the “Keep in chat” option in the bottom left corner. Finally, send the video to your friend.
4. After the message is delivered, tap and hold the video message and select “More” from the options that appear. Then, go ahead and save the Instagram Story with music.
Download Instagram Stories with Music via Third-Party Websites
Apart from the native way, you can save Instagram Stories with music using third-party online services as well. However, note that your Instagram account must be public to use any of the services. I would discourage users from using third-party apps as most of them force users to log in with a username and password. You must not enter your Instagram password on third-party apps to safeguard your account from any kind of mischief. That said, let’s look at two tools that you can use:
1. First, head over to storysaver.net (visit) and enter your Instagram username. After that, click on “Download” here to retrieve all your Instagram stories.
2. Next, scroll down to find all the recent Instagram stories posted by you. Click on “Save as Video” here, and the story will be saved on your device with music.
3. In case you want to save older stories, click on “Show #Highlights” and save the story you want.
Apart from that, you can use Snapinsta to quickly download Instagram stories with music to your phone gallery. But again, you will need to have a public account. that said, here’s how it works:
1. Launch the Instagram app and open the story you want to save with music. Now, click on the three-dot menu and copy the link.
5. Open snapinsta.app (visit) in your mobile browser and move to the “Instagram Story Download” tab. Now, paste the link here and hit “Download”.
6. Finally, go ahead and download the story with music.
Repost Instagram Story With Music on WhatsApp & Other Socials
So this is how you can save Instagram stories with music, both using native and third-party methods. For most users, the first trick will do the job as it does not compromise on any front and gives you the video without any reduction in quality. Anyway, that is all from us. If you are facing DM issues on Instagram, follow our article to find a possible solution. And if you want to turn off suggested posts on Instagram, head to our linked tutorial. Finally, if you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.