Did you know that you can send WhatsApp messages without saving the person’s number? Yes, you read that right. You don’t necessarily have to save the recipient’s number in your contacts list to initiate a WhatsApp conversation with them. Here are four easy ways to send WhatsApp messages without adding a contact.
- Send WhatsApp Message Without Adding Contact (2022)
- Easily Send Messages to Unsaved WhatsApp Numbers
Send WhatsApp Message Without Adding Contact (2022)
In this guide, we have explained different methods you can use to send WhatsApp messages without saving a phone number on Android, iPhone, and desktop. Use the table below to jump to the method
Use Click2Chat to Message Unsaved WhatsApp Contacts on Android
The easiest way to text unsaved WhatsApp numbers is by using a third-party application to invoke the chat window. While there are a lot of applications that serve this purpose, one such app we would recommend is Click2Chat. Follow the steps below to quickly send a WhatsApp message without saving a phone number using Click2Chat:
1. Install Click2Chat from Play Store (Free). When the app opens, enter the phone number in the text box and add your text to the message box. You can also choose to use one of the text suggestions or even generate a random quote. Once done, tap “Send to WA”.
2. Soon after you tap the button, you will see the app confirmation prompt. Choose WhatsApp and Click2Chat will automatically redirect you to the person’s chat box along with the message you typed. Do keep in mind that your message is not automatically sent here. You will have to press the Send button on WhatsApp to initiate the conversation.
Use WhatsApp Short Links to Send Message Without Saving Number
Another way of messaging unsaved WhatsApp numbers is through WhatsApp’s API. To get started, paste the following address to your address bar and replace the “X” with the phone number. Here, the prefilled “91” refers to the country code. If you want to text someone outside India on WhatsApp, do not forget to change the country code too.
After pasting the URL with the phone number you wish to message, tap on “Continue to Chat”. The website will redirect you to the person’s WhatsApp chatbox, and you can now send a message.
Send WhatsApp Messages Without Adding Contact on Desktop
You can use the WhatsApp API to initiate a new conversation on WhatsApp Web or Desktop too. Follow the steps below to get started:
1. Paste the following address into your browser’s address bar and replace all the “X” with the recipient’s phone number. As mentioned above, make sure to change the prefilled “91” country code if you want to message someone outside of India. Click the “Continue to Chat” button to access the conversation window.
2. From the confirmation prompt that appears now, click “Open” to open the chat window on WhatsApp Desktop. If you have installed WhatsApp Desktop, the browser will redirect you to the desktop app.
3. In case you are not a WhatsApp Desktop user, you can click on the “use WhatsApp Web” option to continue on the web version.
Use Siri Shortcuts to Send WhatsApp Messages from iPhone
If you are an iPhone user, you could also rely on a nifty Siri shortcut to text unsaved WhatsApp numbers with ease. In case you don’t have the Shortcuts app yet, you can download it from App Store (free). Then, follow the steps below:
1. Visit this link on your iPhone and tap “Add Shortcut” to download and install the “WhatsApp To Non Contact” Siri shortcut. You don’t need to do much after as the shortcut will be installed automatically.
3. Within the Shortcut app, tap on the shortcut to run it from the “My Shortcuts” section. Alternatively, you can also use Siri and say “Run WhatsApp to Non Contact shortcut” to access the same pop-up option to enter the recipient’s phone number.
4. Enter the contact number in the shortcut along with the country code and tap “Done” at the top right corner. Then, you will receive a privacy notification asking you whether you wish to allow the shortcut to access WhatsApp. Tap on “Allow” in this notification.
5. Finally, the Siri shortcut will redirect you to the WhatsApp conversation window to message the unsaved contact. Easy, right?
Easily Send Messages to Unsaved WhatsApp Numbers
So, those are three ways to send WhatsApp messages without saving the person’s contact number. If you were looking for a way to text unsaved WhatsApp numbers, we hope you found this tutorial helpful. Do not forget to check out our complete list of the best WhatsApp tips and tricks for more such suggestions.