Pokemon Showdown is a web based battle simulator where players can battle their Pokemon and move up the ranking Ladder. While it is best to complete the match once it is started, the site does offer the option to forfeit a match in Pokemon Showdown.
You might want to use this option if you need to quit the game suddenly. Players also use the option to get out of matches that they would lose. In today’s article, we will explain how you can forfeit a match in Pokemon Showdown.
How To Forfeit In Pokemon Showdown?
The Forfeit option allows you to surrender the match before it has been completed. This will still count as a lose for the player forfeiting but is a way to avoid losing Fair Play points. These points are deducted when players quit the match directly.
Since you can still lose rank while playing a ranked match if you forfeit, it should only be used as a last option. Even if you lose a match, there is considerable experience to be gained from the match that can aid you in the future. Also, you should not wait to forfeit till the last moments of the match.
That being said, if you have to forfeit a match in Pokemon Showdown, follow the steps given below to do so.
- Go to the Pokemon Showdown site.
- Login and start a new match by click on Battle. You can choose the format for the match here as well.
- Once the match has started, you can forfeit at any given moment.
- To forfeit, go to the chat and type “/forfeit” in the text box.
- This will trigger the pop up asking you to confirm that you want to forfeit. Click the Forfeit option to confirm and surrender the match.
This is how players can forfeit in Pokemon Showdown. For more Pokemon guides, check out How To Get Dusk Lycanroc In Pokemon Go?