There are plenty of old games from the Nintendo GameBoy that generate a lot of nostalgia in players. If players want to enjoy these games on their Windows device, they can use GBA emulators like the VisualBoyAdvance. In today’s setup guide, we will explain how players can install and set up the VisualBoyAdvance Emulator to enjoy some old-school classics.
VisualBoyAdvance Emulator Setup Guide
Players that are new to using emulators will find using the VisualBoyAdvance emulator quite easy. Since it is a portable software package, players can just download and extract it without much hassle.
How To Download The VisualBoyAdvance Emulator For Windows?
Players that want to find out how to download and run the emulator can follow the steps given below.
- First, players will need to download the ZIP file for the VisualBoyAdvance-M emulator. This can be done from the official site.
- After downloading the ZIP file, players can extract the file to a location they want.
- After extraction, players can click on the “visualboyadvance-m.exe” file. This will launch the emulator.
Now that players have got the emulator running, they will want to set up a controller or keyboard for the VisualBoyAdvance Emulator.
How to Set Up A Controller Or Keyboard?
Once players have got the emulator up and running, they will want to set up a controller or the keyboard. We have explained how players can do that in the simple steps given below.
- Players will first need to start the VisualBoyAdvance emulator.
- Now, from the home screen, players must tap on the Options button located at the top of the screen.
- From the drop down menu players must select the Input option and click on Configure.
- Once players do this, they will be presented with control settings for up to 4 players.
- Players can now change the default controls or create their own. It is best to leave the Default options intact if players do not know what specific settings they want.
This will set up the controller or the keyboard for the players. Players must know that the emulator does not come with any game titles. With that being said, this is everything players need to start enjoy their old classic games. We hope players found this VisualBoyAdvance Emulator Setup Guide helpful. For more related content, check out Pokemon Quetzal: How To Use Cheats?